T-Visas: A Path to Safety for Victims of Trafficking (in Coerced, Involuntary Labor)

Noncitizens living within the U.S. whether they entered with or without a valid visa, are often vulnerable to exploitation. T-Visas can change the lives of victims of human trafficking. These apply irrelevant if you are or were being paid. T visas are designed to provide protection and support. In order to best utilize this visa (that can lead to a Green Card), it’s essential to understand its purpose and the Read More

Visa Retrogression: Don’t Lose Hope!

Embarking on a journey to the United States through immigration is a significant life decision, but it often comes with its challenges. One of these challenges is visa retrogression, which can bring frustration and delays to your immigration plans. However, it's important to remember that this obstacle is temporary, and with the right approach and guidance from an immigration attorney, you can continue on your path Read More

The Path to U.S. Citizenship for Foreign Entrepreneurs

Embarking on a new life in the U.S. as a foreign professional may seem daunting at first. There are many requirements to fulfill and industry needs are constantly changing. However, those industry fluctuations can often work out in your favor through an  EB-2 National Interest Waiver Visa (NIW).  The EB-2 NIW visa category does not require a job offer from a U.S. employer, and could also lead to permanent residency Read More

Finding Your Soulmate Abroad: Your K-1 Visa Guide

  Technology has made us more connected than ever and has brought about the age of the digital nomad. Many tech-savvy professionals have leveraged their remote positions to fulfill their dreams of traveling abroad. As a result, they now have access to international dating pools to find genuine connections. These digital nomads may eventually want to reestablish roots and settle down in the U.S., which leaves some Read More

VAWA: A Lifeline for Survivors of Domestic Violence in Immigration Cases

Domestic violence is an issue that impacts individuals all over the world, especially in vulnerable communities like immigrants in the U.S. To combat the challenges faced and provide legal protection for survivors in these communities, congress passed the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) in 1994. If you’re a survivor of domestic violence, it’s important to know that there are legal mechanisms in place that will Read More

Tips for Your Naturalization Exam & Interview

Tips for Your Naturalization Exam & Interview Becoming a U.S. citizen is a major accomplishment and includes rights like the ability to vote, receive government benefits, and participate in politics. The naturalization exam and interview are important steps in the process that often cause some applicants anxiety. Whether it has to do with their English language skills, or their ability to memorize facts about the Read More

What Can an Immigration Attorney Do for You?

RELISLAW HELPS PEOPLE FROM AROUND THE WORLD ACHIEVE THEIR UNIQUE AMERICAN DREAM! WE HAVE CHANGED SO MANY LIVES FOR GOOD! We live in a world that is driven by convenience. Technological innovation seeks to optimize everything in our lives from how we consume social media content to managing our passport review at the airport. Even the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) provides every immigration form Read More

Gaining Citizenship After Getting Your Green Card

American citizenship grants you many rights and privileges, which makes moving to the U.S. an appeling option for many immigrants. If you have a green card, also known as a permanent resident card, and you meet the eligibility requirements, you can apply for U.S. citizenship through a process called naturalization. There are many steps in the naturalization process, but with the right guidance, it’s an achievable Read More

O-1A: The Visa for Scientists, Business People, Teaching

The United States created the O-1A visa as a way to attract brilliant and talented minds of the world for work and to provide valuable scientific contributions to society. The O-1A Visa is offered as an option for scientists, researchers, and business people who have extraordinary abilities within their field. As a scientist who has achieved exceptional success in your field, you may be eligible to live and work Read More

Applying For an EB2 Visa Using a National Interest Waiver

Those eligible for an employment-based, second preference (EB2) visa are typically educated professionals in a field that has workforce needs that cannot be met quickly enough. These individuals show exceptional abilities and have a standing job offer from an employer within the U.S. However, those with exceptional abilities without a job offer and even without any university degree, can still apply for an EB2 visa Read More